The Sacred Grove Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the Master Sword

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

The winds welcome you

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
FierceDeityLink!
Site God
Site God
FierceDeityLink!

Rupees : 103259
Hearts : 4

Hero
Character Name: Fierce Deity Link
Race:: Sage

The winds welcome you - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: The winds welcome you   The winds welcome you - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 3:18 pm

If it wasn't animated and looked like LotR.
Back to top Go down
https://thesacredgroveforums.forummotion.com
Link64
Sage
Sage
Link64

Rupees : 101216

PostSubject: Re: The winds welcome you   The winds welcome you - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 3:13 pm

The only way a Zelda series or movie would really work is if it were done in the traditional anime style for which it was originaly developed in. (In Japan, just about all story boarding in games is done in anime/manga style cause that's the only way they know how to draw!)

1. Official Live Action wouldn't work cause they'd take to many liberties with the existing cannon.

2. A fan made Live Action wouldn't work cause it wouldn't have near enough of a budget to please expectations.

3. An american drawn (or just drawn in traditional western style) series wouldn't work due to our expected views on existing characters. Link was designed in anime style and though he appears very differently in-game, the physical difference seen in western style art would still most likely prove displeasing to most Zelda fans.

4. And of course if it were to be done in anime style (which mind you, Zelda Mangas have been made and distributed with a drawing style and story elements that were very well recieved by most Zelda fans) would most likely fit best as most Zelda story boarding was originaly done in older Anime/Manga style.

Now, going back to point 3. If the series had to be done in Western Style, the only way it would really prove visually pleasing is if it were to be animated in the old water-color, hand illustrated style that older Disney movies and the original Lord of the Rings animated movies were known for. The style of the 40's and 50's. This darker more skillfully drawn style would make even the existing Zelda cartoon more bareable (granted the terrible plot and character development would still grant it ridicule and jokes).

Still for now, untill Nintendo decideds otherwise, I believe a Zelda movie or series should be left to the realm of dreams and wishing. As I kind of fear the result.
Back to top Go down
LinkZeldaFanIV
Zora Guitarist
Zora Guitarist
LinkZeldaFanIV

Rupees : 101385
Hearts : 0
Location : In your mind, twisting it, and smashing the dreams that dwell within it.

Hero
Character Name: Leo Zeus (???) IV
Race:: Deku

PostSubject: Re: The winds welcome you   The winds welcome you - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 4:12 pm

It all depends, a very decent anime would make me watch TV MUCH more. Maybe they should make some animes about the Mangas! I'd definately watch the MM one (if they make one). Razz
Back to top Go down
http://hyrulefield.forumotion.com/forum.htm
FierceDeityLink!
Site God
Site God
FierceDeityLink!

Hero

PostSubject: Re: The winds welcome you   The winds welcome you - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 10:33 am

That would be cool. But they would have to make the chapters loner so the could have on Chapter per Episode. One Book every Season.
Back to top Go down
Link64
Sage
Sage
Link64

PostSubject: Re: The winds welcome you   The winds welcome you - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 2:58 pm

Traditionally, when Manga become anime. It's usually 3 chapters per episode. It would be a very short series. However, if they made ALL existing Zelda manga into anime. And boxed it all up as one series. Then it would make a respectable anime.
Back to top Go down
FierceDeityLink!
Site God
Site God
FierceDeityLink!

Hero

PostSubject: Re: The winds welcome you   The winds welcome you - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 5:20 am

Yeah but here would be the catch. They would most likely get the timeline wrong.
Back to top Go down
Link64
Sage
Sage
Link64

PostSubject: Re: The winds welcome you   The winds welcome you - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 8:13 pm

There wouldn't have to be a timeline. They could play it off like Nintendo "This is but one of the many tales the people speak" They're all tales of the Legend of Zelda, who cares which came first, story time doesn't need a back story, at least not like games do!
Back to top Go down
FierceDeityLink!
Site God
Site God
FierceDeityLink!

Hero

PostSubject: Re: The winds welcome you   The winds welcome you - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 1:29 pm

Oh I see it could work very well that way. If they would do this who would act?
Back to top Go down
Link64
Sage
Sage
Link64

PostSubject: Re: The winds welcome you   The winds welcome you - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 3:29 pm

I'm talking about an anime adaption of the manga. In which case, I would prefer that FUNimation did the american voice attacking.

But with the idea of a live action Zelda movie, I would want under rated, unheard of indie actors that know what they're doing, look like their respective character, and don't carry any existing weight coming into the movie.
Back to top Go down
FierceDeityLink!
Site God
Site God
FierceDeityLink!

Hero

PostSubject: Re: The winds welcome you   The winds welcome you - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 5:24 pm

And no more fat chinese people pretending to be Gorons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The winds welcome you   The winds welcome you - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The winds welcome you

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sacred Grove Forums :: News Board :: Introductions-