The Sacred Grove Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the Master Sword

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Is MM the Darkest Game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Which is Darker?
MM
Is MM the Darkest Game? I_vote_lcap70%Is MM the Darkest Game? I_vote_rcap
 70% [ 7 ]
TP
Is MM the Darkest Game? I_vote_lcap30%Is MM the Darkest Game? I_vote_rcap
 30% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
FierceDeityLink!
Site God
Site God
FierceDeityLink!

Rupees : 102219
Hearts : 4

Hero
Character Name: Fierce Deity Link
Race:: Sage

Is MM the Darkest Game? _
PostSubject: Is MM the Darkest Game?   Is MM the Darkest Game? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 11:11 am

Which is the Darkest Game MM or TP.
Back to top Go down
https://thesacredgroveforums.forummotion.com
Pyrobomber
Zora Guitarist
Zora Guitarist
Pyrobomber

Rupees : 100167
Hearts : 0

Hero
Character Name:
Race::

PostSubject: Re: Is MM the Darkest Game?   Is MM the Darkest Game? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 1:36 pm

I find TP to be a darker game because it includes more mature themes, but MM to be more twisted because of the overall plot. I say a draw between the two.

Last edited by Pyrobomber on Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/index.php
FierceDeityLink!
Site God
Site God
FierceDeityLink!

Hero

PostSubject: Re: Is MM the Darkest Game?   Is MM the Darkest Game? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 2:50 pm

I believe MM is more darker just because what happens; the Anju and Kaefie Quest. The moon destroying a world. A boy with no friends that just destroys almost everything.
Back to top Go down
LinkZeldaFanIV
Zora Guitarist
Zora Guitarist
LinkZeldaFanIV

Rupees : 100345
Location : In your mind, twisting it, and smashing the dreams that dwell within it.

Hero
Character Name: Leo Zeus (???) IV
Race:: Deku

PostSubject: Re: Is MM the Darkest Game?   Is MM the Darkest Game? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 10:29 am

I'd say Majora's Mask.

There were multiple themes about death... Truly chilling things, such as that half-gibdo dude. There were also those masks. You got the treat to watch Link scream in absolute PAIN while this mask litterally MELTED onto his face and some troubled spirit entered him. That description should actually make it WORSE. There was also THEM and if you didn't save romani Ranch... you got the treat to see Romani after being abducted.

So... yeah.
Back to top Go down
http://hyrulefield.forumotion.com/forum.htm
FierceDeityLink!
Site God
Site God
FierceDeityLink!

Hero

PostSubject: Re: Is MM the Darkest Game?   Is MM the Darkest Game? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 10:31 am

Yeah when you failed to save Ramonai Ranch you watched here get abducted. And her sister the next day. That was frightening.
Back to top Go down
Link64
Sage
Sage
Link64

Rupees : 100176

PostSubject: Re: Is MM the Darkest Game?   Is MM the Darkest Game? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:02 am

TP only has a running in this due to it's art style. True, some of the themes are more mature (Link actually has a legit love interest for once, creepy shadow beasts, the Twili being a race trapped in limbo) But honestly the scariest part of TP was Lanayru's tale. Where as MM's mask had a variety of rather disturbing themes and moments.

Now! Here's a rather disturbing thought! Majora's Mask, with Twilight Princess styled graphics! oooooohhhh the possibilities.
Back to top Go down
FierceDeityLink!
Site God
Site God
FierceDeityLink!

Hero

PostSubject: Re: Is MM the Darkest Game?   Is MM the Darkest Game? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:40 am

So TP is dark because of the graphics. MM because of just about everything.
Back to top Go down
Link64
Sage
Sage
Link64

PostSubject: Re: Is MM the Darkest Game?   Is MM the Darkest Game? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 12:14 pm

LOL Pretty much, but you gotta admit. The first few fights with the Shadow Beasts was PRETTY creepy. And don't get me started on Lanayru's twisted tale! But that's about all TP has sadly.... Still a good game though of course!
Back to top Go down
Pyrobomber
Zora Guitarist
Zora Guitarist
Pyrobomber

Rupees : 100167

Hero
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Is MM the Darkest Game?   Is MM the Darkest Game? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 1:17 pm

Link64 wrote:
Now! Here's a rather disturbing thought! Majora's Mask, with Twilight Princess styled graphics! oooooohhhh the possibilities.

Now I won't be able to sleep at night. Or possibly more disturbing, Majora's Mask with Wind Waker graphics. Just think, everything looks all bright and happy, but people still die, tragic things still happen, and there are still tortured souls crying for mercy. o.0
Back to top Go down
http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/index.php
FierceDeityLink!
Site God
Site God
FierceDeityLink!

Hero

PostSubject: Re: Is MM the Darkest Game?   Is MM the Darkest Game? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 2:06 pm

Not as bad.

TP has a more look around the corner before you enter a new hallway feel.

While MM is sit in a corner rocking feel to it.
Back to top Go down
Link64
Sage
Sage
Link64

PostSubject: Re: Is MM the Darkest Game?   Is MM the Darkest Game? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 5:41 pm

In the end, what made me feel uneasy about my first play through of MM was

A. The constant timer
B. The fact that the town music got creepier and creepier each day
and
C. The fact that people would change! What they did, what they said, where they were! People who were there one hour wouldn't be there another. After playing OOT it's kind of creepy to randomly see the mailman walk in out of no where!
Back to top Go down
briigal_faery
briigal_faery

Rupees : 99953

PostSubject: Re: Is MM the Darkest Game?   Is MM the Darkest Game? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 8:14 pm

MM is my favorite zelda game, because it is really creepy. in TP, I agree that the graphics are kinda dark too. but to me it was more eleagant (can't spell that) while MM's graphics are more cutesy almost. but definitely the ultimate zelda game would be one with a MM plot and TP graphics =)
Back to top Go down
http://www.Pitchdark.webs.com
LinkZeldaFanIV
Zora Guitarist
Zora Guitarist
LinkZeldaFanIV

Location : In your mind, twisting it, and smashing the dreams that dwell within it.

Hero

PostSubject: Re: Is MM the Darkest Game?   Is MM the Darkest Game? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 10:20 pm

I like playing Majora's Mask.
My dad doesn't understand it.
My stepmom watches me play it, and can't sleep at night.

Very Happy

She ESPECIALLY freaks at watching Link change. Mainly with the Deku Mask. Deku Link creeps her out. Not sure why. Dad's like, "What was nintendo on?"

I was like, "HA, LINK'S PROBABLY THINKING, 'OMGOMGOMG MY FAAAAAAAAAACE!!!'"

How would you guys rate the transformations, 1 being the creepiest, 4 being the least scary? I'd list them as: Goron, Zora, Deku, Fierce Deity.
Back to top Go down
FierceDeityLink!
Site God
Site God
FierceDeityLink!

Hero

PostSubject: Re: Is MM the Darkest Game?   Is MM the Darkest Game? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 6:31 am

Most freaky transformation masks:
Zora
Fierce Deity
Giants
Deku
Goron

Here you can see them all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGQas1eAXII
Back to top Go down

Hero
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Is MM the Darkest Game?   Is MM the Darkest Game? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 7:48 am

I think TP is way daker then MM. I can see where you get the darkness in that game sure, but what about the theme of war over the trifroce. And the creppy @$$ scene where Larua is explaining the trifornce and Link and Illa kill eachother and the creepy white eyes. I think it sends a dark message all around personally
Back to top Go down
FierceDeityLink!
Site God
Site God
FierceDeityLink!

Hero

PostSubject: Re: Is MM the Darkest Game?   Is MM the Darkest Game? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 8:02 am

I guess they are equally dark.
Back to top Go down
Link64
Sage
Sage
Link64

PostSubject: Re: Is MM the Darkest Game?   Is MM the Darkest Game? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 10:05 pm

Like I said, the first few shadow beast battles (particularly the one in kakariko with the villagers hiding) And as Kunrow just said, Lanayru's twisted tale. Those are parts are SERIOUSLY creepy! OH! And another one I just remembered! When Yeta turned evil! That was creepy!

But those are no more creepy than what you see in MM! I could sit here pointing out examples all day. But if you keep comparing the N64 graphics to Wii, you'll never be able to see past the 64 bit polygons!

And my order is

Zora
Deku
Goron
Fierce Deity
Giants

But that's just me!

Now! Speaking of graphics, has any one else seen the graphical leap OOT3D made!? ANAZING! Not quite "MM meets TP" but still pretty crazy. It's more like what we would expect if OOT was originally released for the GameCube. Much like how SS is what we would have expected to see if OOT had a legit straight sequal for the GameCube.

You guys are so excited for SS you don't seem to realize, rereleasing OOT is for Nintendo what rereleasing Final Fantasy 7 is for Square. Rare, time consuming, and only happens when they expect to cash in on fans!
Back to top Go down
FierceDeityLink!
Site God
Site God
FierceDeityLink!

Hero

PostSubject: Re: Is MM the Darkest Game?   Is MM the Darkest Game? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 5:54 am

So the shadow beast battles freaked my sister out. I mean I was unable to play the game when she was in the house.
Back to top Go down
LinkZeldaFanIV
Zora Guitarist
Zora Guitarist
LinkZeldaFanIV

Hero

PostSubject: Re: Is MM the Darkest Game?   Is MM the Darkest Game? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 6:38 pm

Link64 wrote:

And my order is

Zora
Deku
Goron
Fierce Deity
Giants

But that's just me!
I was thinking about that Giants one.

For some reason, if I discuss it with a friend, I can't even finish my sentence about it without shuddering. xD idk, it either sends a shiver down my back, or churns my stomach.
Back to top Go down
briigal_faery
briigal_faery

PostSubject: Re: Is MM the Darkest Game?   Is MM the Darkest Game? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 9:07 pm

yesh they're just dark in different ways. I think the scariest part of TP was Lanayru's tale. otherwise it's really not that bad at all
Back to top Go down

Hero
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Is MM the Darkest Game?   Is MM the Darkest Game? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 9:11 pm

That's right. Evil Yeta is creppy. But, Dark and Creppy are two diffrent things really and its all in the eye of the beholder

like I remember when OoT first came out and fighting Queen Gohma used to scare me so much I had to turn the volume down just to fight her
Back to top Go down
briigal_faery
briigal_faery

PostSubject: Re: Is MM the Darkest Game?   Is MM the Darkest Game? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 9:17 pm

yeah, true. nothing's ever really too creepy to me.I've read and watched so many horror movies and books without flinching, but my friend can't even stomach Cirque du freak. let alone Demonata...
Back to top Go down
Link64
Sage
Sage
Link64

PostSubject: Re: Is MM the Darkest Game?   Is MM the Darkest Game? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 9:29 pm

ZOMG! Now I don't really count this since it was an irrational fear due to my young age, but I use to be SO friggen afraid of the ReDeads from OOT. I mean you don't even know!!! They scared the living day lights out of me! I would run through Hyrule Castle town when I started at the Temple of Time no matter what!

It wasn't untill later that I finally forced myself to sit in the middle of the broken town (With Nayru's Love on of course) and forced myself over that fear. Even then I still didn't like them! After that it wan't untill I played MM and maded them dance to my whim and got to talk to a gibdo that I finally came to terms with the overall dislike! Kawaii
Back to top Go down

Hero
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Is MM the Darkest Game?   Is MM the Darkest Game? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:24 pm

I know. I used to make sure to get the Sun Song and play it constantly caused they scared me.

The Floormasters used to as well. Shocked They were just, there!

Back to top Go down
ShadowCrow
Wise Man
Wise Man
ShadowCrow

Rupees : 100168

PostSubject: Re: Is MM the Darkest Game?   Is MM the Darkest Game? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 6:22 pm

NOT TAKE MIRROR!

Haha, I can finally comment on this because I got MM yesterday! Link is Excited

I thought TP was pretty dark at first. I liked it a lot. (Still do) THEN I GOT MAJORA'S MASK!

First thing I saw, the mask getting closer, and that sound effect *shudder* twisted my guts. My dad was sitting next to me, (who rarely takes interest it Zelda Link is Sad) and I screamed really loud at some point (I was hyper) and he looked at me funny XD. But he watched the whole part where Link practically gets his face ripped off by the Deku Mask, and he just got up and left. So did my little sister. By the end it was me and my little brother who were watching/playing the game, and he was curled up in a ball in the couch.... Probably gave him nightmares for life XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is MM the Darkest Game?   Is MM the Darkest Game? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is MM the Darkest Game?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sacred Grove Forums :: The Games :: Classic Zelda-